The Old Bridgewater Historical Society was formed in 1894 with the objective to collect, preserve and publish material relating to the history of the original settlement of Bridgewater, Massachusetts. Although our museum building is located in West Bridgewater, our focus encompasses all the Bridgewaters -- including East Bridgewater, West Bridgewater, Brockton (originally North Bridgewater), and Bridgewater itself. We have a membership comprised of local Massachusetts residents and families from thirty-five states, in addition to international members.
Our museum buildings are open to the public; please see the Buildings page for more information. We also have many interesting publications for sale, including family histories and historical books. Please visit the Publications page for a complete listing of our offerings.