- The President, with the advice and consent of the four Officers, shall appoint a Nominating Committee, consisting of three other members, no later than three months before the Annual meeting. No Officer shall be a member of the Nominating Committee.
- The committee shall present nominations to the Board for approval at the March meeting and shall submit them in the Society newsletter to notify the membership no later than one week following the March meeting.
- The Nominating Committee shall present nominees for the membership to vote on at the Annual Meeting. No nominee should be named, either by the Nominating Committee or the floor, without consent. Members of the Nominating Committee may also be nominees.
- Additional nominations may be made from the floor at the Annual Meeting provided the nominee is present at the meeting.
The Budget Committee shall submit an annual budget to the annual meeting and audit the Treasurer’s reports prior to the members’ meetings.
The Maintenance Committee shall be responsible for performing a walk-through of all Society-owned properties on a monthly basis and noting all structural, safety, and aesthetic repairs that need to be made, as well as noting any recommended improvements, and obtaining estimates for repairs.
The Keith House Committee shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations of activities pertaining to the Keith House, including any activities or tours taking place on the Keith House premises.
The Memorial Building Committee shall be responsible for the day-to-day operations of activities pertaining to the Memorial Building, including tours, hosting guests, answering correspondence, and assisting researchers.
The Collections Committee shall be responsible for creating and implementing policies, plans, and procedures for properly acquiring, documenting, caring for, and making accessible the archive and artifact collection held by OBHS.
The Publications and Media Committee shall be responsible for developing and maintaining the Society’s catalog of publications for sale, free pamphlets for distribution, and the society’s social media sites.
- The Membership Committee shall be responsible for recruiting individual and corporate memberships in accordance with membership categories described elsewhere in these by laws.
- They shall maintain current rosters, update member information, and notify members of renewals.
The Events Planning Committee shall be responsible for developing, scheduling, planning, publicizing, and executing major events for the Society. This Committee shall also be responsible for scheduling, coordinating and billing all rentals of society property for any non-society events.
The Merchandise and Sales Committee shall be responsible for maintaining inventory, tracking sales, setting prices, submitting a budget, collecting sales tax, and submitting to Treasurer.