Massacquoetnecut: The Original Settlement of Old Bridgewater
The settlement of Bridgewater, Massachsuetts began in 1649 with the purchase of a tract of land from the Native Americans. Known by the Indian name of Massacquoetnecut, Bridgewater was incorporated as a town in 1656. This book details the division of land between the original 56 proprietors of the area today known as West Bridgewater, and includes sketches of probable land lots. Based on extensive research, this is a must-have for anyone doing research on this early American town.
Please see the "specifications" tab for further details.
|Author||Lawrence D. Conant|
|Publisher||Old Bridgewater Historical Society|