Mitchell, Bryant, and Orr Families, and Sketches of the Last Two Hundred and Seventy-Four Years
Seth Bryant was a long-term resident of Joppa Village in East Bridgewater, Massachusetts and a well-known manufacturer of shoes. This book, which he published in 1894, contains a minor genealogy of the families of Experience Mitchell, Daniel Bryant, and the Hon. Hugh Orr. The author also discusses:
- The healing of Massasoit by Gov. William Bradford
- The sword of Miles Standish
- Sythe manufacturing in East Bridgewater
- Cannon manufacturing
- His shoe contract with the US Government during the Civil War
- A story told by Russian Prince Wolkonski in Chicago, IL
- The New Church formed by Emanuel Swedenborg
- Shay's Rebellion and other miscellaneous topics.
Also included is a timeline of Boston for the period of 1621 to 1881. Fully indexed here for the first time, the Old Bridgewater Historical Society is proud to offer this look back through the eyes of a long-ago resident.
Please see the "specifications" tab for further details.
|Publisher||Old Bridgewater Historical Society|
|Publishing Date||1894, 2016|