The Old Bridgewater Historical Society is the caretaker of two wonderful historical buildings. Both are open to the public.
The Museum Building was built in 1900 specifically for the OBHS, and is a beautiful example of turn-of-the-century Greek Revival architecture. It consists of a main floor with an attic and a basement. It houses many historical documents and artifacts, and has an area for meetings. It is located at:
162 Howard Street
West Bridgewater, MA 02379
The Museum Building is open to the public on Wednesdays from 12 pm to 3 pm, as well as for members by appointment.
Right around the corner from the Museum Building is the second holding of the OBHS: the home and parsonage of Reverend James Keith, also known as the "Keith House". It is the oldest remaining parsonage building in the United States. It is still located on its original site and has been restored to its 17th century condition. It is located at:
229 River Street
West Bridgewater, MA
The Keith parsonage is open to the public by appointment only. Tours of the parsonage cannot be given during the Museum Building's regular open hours due to staffing.